26 June 2006

Serendipity





We had a wonderful time camping out in tents. Totally unanticipated, delightful, and thus serendipitous was the 31st annual Class Car Show in nearby St. Ignace. Over 1000 cars participated in the event, mainly produced in the U.S. in the 1950's, 60's, and 70's, although there were others both geographically and chronologically beyond these limits. Lots of muscle cars. Deep sounding engines, solid lifters, some supercharged, some with near-slicks. They ran the gamut between fastidious restoration to original parts and condition to highly (extremely) modified. We did not get to watch the actual parade, but many owners stayed an extra day and drove the main street of town. I am no gearhead and cannot identify many of the cars -- identifying comments are welcome.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

Wow!!! Sweet rides!

Monday, June 26, 2006 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger MMM said...

Welcome back! Cool cars. Someone needs to tell the girl in the back of the pick up truck to pull up her pants, though. ;-) We Yooper girls are a wild bunch.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

WOW!!!! I would have LOVED to be there! Great classy cars, specially the first one.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Those are some sweet looking cars.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:54:00 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Glad to hear you had a good time camping.

I know we could all use some time away.

These are some great cars! We have car shows often here, right in town, but it always seems to be on Thursday evenings when I have to work. I work from home except on Thursday nights when I have to go to workshops or rehearsals. So I never get to have a look around.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:34:00 PM  
Blogger Nicola said...

Wow, a cool selection of cars you have there!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 7:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great car shots! I love 'em!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:07:00 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I don't know anything about cars, but I really like the look of that one at the top. I'm glad guys had a good time camping.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 6:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home