27 June 2006

Melange

We actually did go camping and looked at a lot besides classic cars. The weather was great, except for some rain Sunday morning. This was the sunset Friday evening, looking west to the very top of Lake Michigan.


I am told that this moose is featured in a photographic book of Michigan. Just right out there by route 2 at the western edge of St. Ignace.


The camping spot we were at is within sight of the bridge that joins the two peninsulas of Michigan. Natives and residents of the upper peninsula or "U.P." are known as "Yoopers." Those in the lower peninsula are called "trolls" because they are below the bridge. I didn't know if I could survive for four days without my laptop and an Internet connection, but with great fortitude I was able to endure. :-)

This is a bush.

And I will show a few more shots of the classic cars driving around St. Ignace over the weekend.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

Sounds like a great trip! Love the sunset capture...breathtaking!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger Nicola said...

Wonderful sunset! First time I see a moose like this. Over here we had a traveling exhibition similar to that one with cows.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 7:08:00 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

I'm dreaming of 4 days with no Internet. Looks like you had a good time

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 7:55:00 AM  
Blogger MMM said...

Beautiful sunset. I love the bird in the foreground.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 9:13:00 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Wonderful.. It looks like a beautiful place.

The sunset shot is gorgeous.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

"This is a bush." That's funny man.

Oh, and I don't think that moose is real. Lovely sunset. Did you do any swimming in the great lake?

Thursday, June 29, 2006 6:30:00 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Swim in really cold water? I don't think so. Age should bring some wisdom.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 10:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home