03 April 2006

Study in burnt orange and blue

Another shot from the orchid show. This show had so many photographers that I don't know how other folks actually got to see the orchids! I took all the pictures without using flash. I had intended to take my ring flash, but I forgot to bring the adapter that fits on the lens. I am quite pleased with the results, even though it was the result of my gormlessness. The colors are those I recall, plus the backgrounds are totally different than if I had used a single flash, true to what actually was and not just darker because they are further from the flash. 105mm lens. f4.0, 1/30 sec, 320 ISO. Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

Hey, thanks for posting the camera settings. It really helps to see the results of various settings so that I can learn when to use those parameters. Oh, and that's a lovely shot.

Monday, April 03, 2006 7:54:00 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

At 1/30 second, there is a very slight blor from vibration because this was hand held. Not bad, but it is noticeable.

Monday, April 03, 2006 8:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the colours in this image! ;D

Monday, April 03, 2006 9:15:00 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

David, coming from you, that is praise indeed. Your pictures are terrific. That Canon with the new lens is really working out for you.

Monday, April 03, 2006 10:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great DoF and foreground red is beautiful with the blue behind it.

Regards,
Jason

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Jason,
It is remarkable how different monitors handle the color. I regularly work with three PCs and the hue of the orchid is different in each. None of the monitors has been calibrated, although all show this orange. At home I have flat screens and they show a burnt orange -- at work I have a tube and the color is orange still, but much closer to red.
Your site layout is terrific -- having a much larger intitial photo is a real plus (and the photography is good as well).

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Quiros said...

wow beautiful!!! really beuatiful picture!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Thank you, Cynthia -- and thanks for visiting.

Friday, April 07, 2006 4:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home