25 April 2006

Spring came early in Michigan



I am fortunate to have friends who really know how to garden. Barbara is both an adjunct professor of marketing and a master gardener. Carol is a physician assistant with three kids. They have very full lives and beautiful gardens as well. These three pictures (and the hyancinth below) I took last Saturday out at Marty & Dorothy's place. They scheduled a two-week vacation down in Georgia, planned well in advance to precede the first spring blush. Last weekend was the middle of their two-week vacation. We have had an unusually warm spring here (although it is supposed to freeze tonight). They emailed me before they left and said that I might as well drop by and see their garden in bloom; they would be gone. So I took 173 pictures. To compare talent: I have four tulips almost opening; they have hundreds of tulips and daffodils and hyacinths and pansies and flowering shrubs -- look for yourself. So I took the pictures for them (I made a CD) and for me. Maybe I will print a few out and take it out to my sorry garden and tell my flowers to start putting out!

Be sure to check the hyacynth below, also from the same garden. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Wolf said...

Really nice Spring shots! Can't wait till our flower beds are up and running :) We can't really plant anything up here untill late May!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:43:00 PM  
Blogger Nicola said...

They really have a hand for gardening - it looks wonderful!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:33:00 AM  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

Wow! Those really are stunning! Nice shots!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

Very beautiful garden. The colors of those flowers really stand out!

Thanks for sharing!


~K

Thursday, April 27, 2006 3:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home